Our criteria for inclusion has been assembled by our trustees and is used when compiling the #Gayborhood list.
- a higher than average population of LGBTQI+ people living visibly in the area
- a local dedication to LGBTQI+ rights and issues amongst residents
- proud and visible support for the LGBTQI+ community in the area (pride flags, street art, murals etc)
- considerably lower risk of homophobic crime
- regular LGBTQI+ performances in local spaces, including theatre, music, drag and cabaret
- local pride events or similar
Fulfilling all criteria does not necessarily guarantee inclusion on the list.